Friday, June 10, 2005

The Pretty Flowers

So we started summer small groups and I'm leading, along with KP and TC, the 11-12th grade girls group. We're going through the book and workbook "Every Young Woman's Battle". I'm looking forward to it for a couple of reasons.
A. good chance to get to know some girls.
2. never led a study on that particular topic before. As the kids get older, I realize more and more how important it will be for me to be ready to discuss such issues. And wow...parents never had to address "virtual relationships" as a subset of their sex talks before, did they?
and
D. Bible study is always a good thing.

I'm teaching in youth SS for the next 3 weeks as well, which also pleases me. 11th grade girls, and then the whole group, I think. Let's see, what else....we're having our own version of "The Amazing Race" on Saturday and I just found out that I can't be there b/c Brandon's baseball tournament conflicts. bummer, too, b/c I was looking forward to watching that pool challenge at the Wooten's! I think we need a Minister to Adults or something to put together stuff like The Amazing Race for big people because that would be fun. maybe. I mean, really...why should we have to wait until we're in the "Glory" class to have people plan group trips for us to go eat at Luby's and look at the pretty flowers?

Well, the sun is shining and the pool is calling my name. Before I go, a few personal notes...
SJ - Happy Birthday to you way up there in Portland, OR!
BD - posting just b/c I know you're waiting. :-)
SAd - pick up the phone
R&KJ - thanks for the invite; will definitely make that visit soon
SAs - ok, this time I'll come to you...you have a Rosa's nearby, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"SAd" as in Adkisson? Have you been calling me? I have caller Id so I'd know...Oh wait, you want ME to call YOU!! I get it now =) Oh, ok.

CYNTHIA said...

I'm supposed to blog AND make phone calls??? 972.765.5101
looking forward to it~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wakeup call this afternoon. I sure didn't want to miss those Baylor Bears on ESPN.
I'll definitely call you about the Rosa's dinner.