Monday, June 27, 2005

Almost Famous

Well that was kind of cool, but I hope it wasn't our 15 minutes of fame, because it really only lasted about 15 seconds. At the Rangers game tonight (Midlothian Stars softball team...remember?), the little roving reporter guy came up and interviewed a girl on the team and Clay, Abby and I were on TV. Not the jumbotron tv, but the real tv...the one in your living room. Too bad if you missed it, because that just makes my 15 seconds of fame even more pitiful. I'll be sure to let you know, though, when the commercial that Abby's team is in airs.

Really, the kids and I spent most of the day at the ballpark, because the kids had a little church field-trip thingy there this morning where we got a tour of it. They got to sit in the dugout, go through the press box and other cool stuff. Brandon loved it, but Abby thought it was "boring". Either way, they both had a memorable summer's day. I think tomorrow will be more restful than memorable. In the words of JA, I sho' tired!

Last night was very nice. 15 people got baptized and lots of people from church were there for the big event. Clay baptized Abby and it was as tender a moment as I remember when he baptized Brandon. Then we had hot dogs and all the kids swam and jumped off the diving board to their little heart's content. Good stuff...I'm looking forward to doing it again in August! [great big yawn] Goodnight.

No comments: