Thursday, June 23, 2005

A.E.H. and her very big day

So Abby was reading the kids calendar from church about fun summertime events that is posted on our fridge. She read that this Sunday night we're having a pool baptism at the W's and said to me, "Um, mom, we're having a pool baptism and we need to talk about that." Remember...I told you she prayed to become a Christian in December? Anyway, we HAVE had that talk and she is getting baptized at said date and location. She is soooooooooo excited about it~can't stop thinking/talking about it and reminds everyone she sees. Which is very cool and sets my mind at ease about her being able to remember the event later on. It is a huge deal to her, so I'm thinking it will be firmly entrenched in her mind for years to come. And I'm not even going to try to not cry. because that's just silly. I'm getting teary just blogging about it.

So have a happy weekend. I know I will. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that I can't think of anyone I would rather have baptized in our pool than Miss Abbey! That will be an exciting day and we will have the tissues ready!
TW

Anonymous said...

And I see that I spelled Miss Abby, Miss Abbey. I won't make that mistake again!
TW

Anonymous said...

I think that is great that Abby is so excited about getting baptized. I felt the same way.
Jrod