Tuesday, June 07, 2005

not a clever title in me at the moment

Note 2 Self: blogs about Michael Jackson and/or disgusting restaurants get no comments.

Today I wrapped up my week of dizzles so now I'm officially on summer break, too! Actually, though, I already feel as if we've had a month and a half of it! Brandon has football camp at the high school every morning this week and is loving it. Don't worry...it's non-contact and they're not wearing pads or anything. But he's loving the drills and is having a blast because he's sporty like that. And I love it when he comes home every day telling me about the obstacle course agility drill and other stuff. He has this big smile on his face as he describes every detail of the races that he's lost. It's almost like he gets a kick out of the challenge, even though he's smaller and not as quick as a lot of his friends. I've also noticed it in the pool where he races his buddy Rio every time they swim together and Rio has won every single time. Brandon always comes up smiling and says, "Wanna race again?" I want to say, "See who can hold his breath the longest" or something that I know he has a chance at. But I love that about him.

Just when I thought baseball was over, we find out Brandon is playing for the All-Star team. We don't know yet if he's going to get to play or is an alternate who has to be there all the time but just sit the bench, but he's excited about it anyway.

The house is looking good. They're supposed to stain the concrete today; we'll check it out tonight. I'm glad we're here with the peezy for the summer, but it sure will be nice to get everything out of boxes in a couple of months. I think it will be like Christmas for the kids, especially for Abby who has probably forgotten all the toys she has that have been missing.

ummmm, guess that's it for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking from personal experience...the boxes become a comfort after a certain lenghth of time, but you are correct in saying its like Christmas. I mean just last week when I unpacked my barbie dolls from the 2nd grade I felt like the luckiest little girl EVER! *brooke*

Anonymous said...

Graham is a really nice place to visit on a Saturday. This one is even open...would love to see all of the Hopkinsisss and especially the smiling faces of Abby and Brandon.

Conference Speaker

Martha said...

I admire anyone who unpacks all of their boxes within 2 years of moving. It has taken us...well, we moved into our house almost 5 years ago and we don't let just anyone see our garage!