Thursday, May 05, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes, Part 3

Did I mention that the foundation has been poured? It has been raining since then, so no framing has taken place yet, but still...we have a floor! Our current assignment is to choose brick, which is a difficult task. We're supposed to drive around and write down the addresses of exteriors that we like. Then the brick guy will go look at them and match them, with his instructions, "We want the cheap kind" because the way I look at it, brick is brick. As long as it looks good, I don't care.

but you didn't come here to read about that, probably. Here's what you're looking for~

Brandon on personal space:
first grade Sunday School - to his teacher as she was about to trace his body on a large sheet of paper: "Well, ok, but don't touch my privates."

Brandon on discipleship:
3/03
In a prayer Brandon said, “And God, help me to be like you. Not all the way. But, some.”

Brandon on forgiveness:
last month - his SS class was asked if they ever had to forgive anyone? B - "Yes. My sister. I've had to forgive her a LOT of times." (pause) "for 6 years."

Brandon and perhaps a somewhat overdeveloped esteem of self:
12/05
When we came to Midlothian in view of a call, we went to watch the football team play Everman (Bulldogs). They lost, and we all know how competitive Brandon is. Later, when talking about the move, he told me that he knew that we had to move because God has a purpose in Midlo. for Clay. I explained that yes, that's true, but He also has a purpose in Midlo. for Brandon, Abby, and me. He thought about that a moment and then said, "I wonder if God wants me in Midlothian to help the Panthers beat the Bulldogs when I'm in high school."

"If I like a girl, I'm not embarrassed at all. In fact, I'll just come right out and tell her."

to TW, an adult youth worker at church: "We need to get together sometime."
TW: "Yeah, that sounds good. Have your people call my people."

"I have a solo voice."

B: I have an athletic build, like mom.
Clay: If by athletic you mean as skinny as a toothpick, then yes, you're very athletic.
(and don't worry, Brandon is seemingly unphased by these harsh statements of reality)

and there you have it. at my house, it's very hard to not laugh out loud at inappropriate times. I think I'll have one more post of stories...because I told you there were some that were touching, and we haven't really gotten to that part yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend!!! We are SOOOOO enjoying you ALL and yes God does have a SPECIAL purpose for you, Brandon, and Abby TOO and He is not wasting ANY time showing us that every day! Thanks for sharing the stories!!!