Wednesday, May 11, 2005

the complexity of brick and some other stuff

So it turns out I was wrong about a few things~
1. all brick is not, in fact, created equal. Thanks to my builder brother for straightening me out on that one. And just in case the rest of you didn't know, clay brick is way better than concrete brick.
p.s. the house is taking shape-it's framed and looking good!

2. Chick-fil-A is not actually a good place to eat breakfast, health-wise. Thanks to Sharon for spending time in her last semester at A&M to actually study each menu item for nutritional value. (this really isn't new news to me, it's just that I've chosen to ignore the knowledge. and will, it seems, continue to do so as I have just this moment polished off a delicious chicken biscuit)

3. Jack didn't stop the nuke in time, but I'm thinking he's going to figure out how to make it land in Siberia or the ocean or something before it actually destroys us all. And also, I'm tired of Audrey, the acting President, and that guy from China. 3 hours before it all comes down...whew!

4. Boston Rob and Kelly didn't win the Amazing Race. Yea, Uchenna and Joyce!

Abby has her end of the year party today, a luau! The next couple of weeks are fun-filled for both kids. Clay and I have apparently been assigned a very important job at Brandon's Field Day this Friday. So important, in fact, that Coach Oliver had to lay it down for us Monday night at Abby's softball game (the other team didn't show up :-( Word must be getting out, the Stars remain undefeated with only 2 games left on the schedule.) Next week, Abby has field day and Brandon will have "Cowboy Day". I'm not sure what that one's all about, but he said something about a longhorn at the school, grilling hot dogs and other cowboy-type stuff.

And next week will surely prove to be fun-filled for me as well. After I turn 36 on Monday, there are only a few more days until our 15th anniversary. Clay and I trade off each year who has the duty of planning a date/trip or whatever. It's my year, and I must say, I've outdone myself. But I can't tell you now because he reads this and I'm keeping it on the down-low. But I will say that we'll be out of pocket for a few days. More to come!

~Cynthia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forget that you have international readers who are a few weeks behind on 24 episodes. I had to stop myself from reading but I did see that Jack DOESN'T stop the nuke?!?!?! The last episode that aired in England was when the pilot apparently fired at Air Force One. Maybe next time you could put a warning so that I can keep reading your blog!

CYNTHIA said...

sorry! the pilot just fired at Air Force One? You are way behind...that is SOOOOO 10-11 p.m. :-)

Anonymous said...

YOU AREN'T SURE WHAT A LONGHORN IS?! A Longhorn is a graduate of The University of Texas and is capable of surviving under the worst of conditions such as when some of the off-spring go to A&M. I'm sorry I missed seeing the Longhorn making the hot dogs and doing other cowboy type stuff.

CYNTHIA said...

i think there was a comma in there that you missed. you are a silly, silly man.