Thursday, May 12, 2005

Go Google Yourself

Have you ever googled yourself? It's quite interesting, but also a little bit depressing. I googled myself yesterday and found out that I'm not the most famous Cynthia Hopkins around. It's really weird to see your name with someone else's picture, but that's what I found. There's this chick who is, apparently, a very successful musician. Anyone heard of the band, Gloria Deluxe? Well, the other CH started the alt-country band and plays the accordian, guitar, saw, trumpet, viola, and drums. She's a "magnet on stage" and has written the award winning gleeful musical odyssey "Accidental Nostalgia," that explores the pros and cons of amnesia. hmmmm. Then there's also a CH who was the set dresser for the 1986 TV show "Yuri Nosenko" with Tommy Lee Jones. AND, if that weren't bad enough, there's another CH who is a writer! She's Canadian, and I ran across an article she wrote for "Mothering", which I have to admit, was very good. So there's a chance that I might not even be the best CH writer!!! How am I supposed to work this morning with this newfound knowledge????

But there is a ray of sunshine. I did run across the real me on two web pages and that was kind of cool. The ec sample on LifeWay's site is a devotion that I wrote. You can see it here.

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/files/lwcF_ec_Sample.pdf

Scroll down to see my name as a devotional writer on the bottom right hand side of the contents page. Then, scroll down past the article to see a devotion that I wrote awhile back. And then there's this old notice from a church in Lubbock for their "Holiday Celebration" that I spoke at last fall. They put my name on there and "Featured Guest Speaker", which is kind of funny to me, because I'm pretty sure that didn't help them sell more tickets. Maybe if it had been Gloria Deluxe CH.... :-)

I also googled my maiden name and found out that I may, in fact, be the most famous Cynthia Wooldridge, if I still went by that name. Because mostly I just found genealogy stuff for that name.

Now I don't want you worrying about me---I don't have this deep inner desire to be famous or anything, it's just that it's kind of fun to see yourself on the world wide web. So take a few moments and go google yourself. You might need to narrow your search by adding your city or something. Have fun with your new little project, and let me know how it turns out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess i'm not famous :(
but i sure did find my big brothers name all over the web...imagine that! my brother?? famous!?! naw!

CYNTHIA said...

oh my goodness. i just looked him up and he's even more famous, it seems, than the Gloria Deluxe CH! No offense, Matt, but you're making me feel worse.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Well after Googling myself I found that I don't exist under my maiden name but there are two of me under my married name and they both are really ME! I looked for Terry and he is a poet and a judical nominee (but not really him)! I also have a famous brother...he has 6 pages, yes 6 PAGES on Google and they are really him!! (He's a very famous auctioneer!! REALLY!)

Anonymous said...

Googled myself and somebody posted a comment about a soccer t-shirt at epic soccer and used my name!! Under my maiden name I'm a cardiologist!! Not very famous I guess