Monday, May 02, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes, Part 2

Apparently, Abby made great use of her free time and took advantage of a substitute at school last week. She made invitations to her "birthday party" and distributed them to her classmates. One problem...we're not planning a birthday party in the near future because her birthday isn't until next January. Today I had to call some kid's mom to explain the whole situation since she had left a message asking for details. Her son, quite naturally, was very excited and didn't want to miss the big event.

With that, here's Abby, the Early Years-

* while Brandon was in trouble, crying, and needing to apologize: "You have sumin say to me?"

* after putting pizza cheese up nostrils (I was unaware), Abby exclaimed from the backseat of the car: "Wha's in my nose? Wha's in my nose? I can't git it!"

* Abby and Brandon had received a chocolate advent ribbon from church. Talk about a lesson in self-control when you're 2! The ribbon, complete with Hershey's kisses, was attached to the wall in the living room and while I was cooking, Abby stood beside it saying, "Mom, don't wook at me". I did wook, so she refrained, but only for a couple of hours. After she had already eaten the Kiss for that day, she quickly grabbed day 5's candy and crammed it in, thinking she was so fast that I wouldn't see her. Wrong! I made her spit it out.

* and then there was that whole naptime incident when she, um, had an "accident" and then pretended it was food for her dolls and beanie babies. (yeah, I know...thanks for sharing)

* 10/02 - As the kids and I were leaving the house, I pushed the garage door opener and then ran back in to lock the front door. Abby grabbed on to the garage door (2 or 3 years old)and rode it all the way to the top, where she got scared and dropped back down to the ground. I made it back just in time to see her drop to the ground, terrified. She was upset about it for half an hour, vowing to never ever do that again. She had tried several times before, but I had always been there to stop her.

* Abby had several imaginary friends: Shaylove, Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica, to go along with her imaginary pet, Vinyoo. When asked where she got the name "Shaylove"...was it on TV or did she make it up, she replied, "Mom, she's real."

* Abby: Chaz is going to marry me.
Mom: Who are you going to marry?
Abby: Maffew

*Abby: Mom, can we go to Blues Clues house?
Mom: I don't know where Blue lives.
Abby: Dad does.

* Mom: (to Abby who was in the tub) Abby (sweetie pie, sugar darlin'), I'm ready for you to get out now.
Abby: Well, I'm ready for you to get out. (as in, get out of here and quit bugging me)

* One day when I picked Abby up from preschool she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I don't want you to pick me up." I asked why and she said, "If you'll go to work everyday, I can go eat lunch with my friends!" I said, "You don't want to eat lunch with me?" Abby said, in tears, "NO!"
The next day at preschool, Abby walked in the room and informed her teacher that her mommy was working now and that she would need to go with the daycare to lunch.

* 12/02 - Abby started to stick her tongue out at me. I told her she’d better not. She said, “Yes, ma’am”, then started to walk off. She stopped dead in her tracks, looked right at me, stuck her tongue out as she fake coughed.

* 3/03 - Abby and I were watching the Prince of Egypt together. She asked TONS of questions throughout, then our conversation turned to heaven at the end of the show. Abby: “Are there gonna be spankin's in heaven?” me: "nope" Abby: (with big grin) “Cause there aren’t any spoons there, right?”

* 9/03 - Abby told me the whole story of David and Goliath. Then I asked, “Who helped David do that?” Abby answered, “God.” So I asked, “Do you like that story?” Abby: “No, but I like Tarzan.”

And there are SO MANY other stories from Abby's toddlerhood that I couldn't possibly tell you them all. She's come a long, long way...and it's a good thing, because one of us wasn't going to make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. I don't think that I've laughed that hard in a really really long time. I remember Abby putting the cheese in her nose though... good stories. I'm sure that those will be told every time they are dating someone...