Monday, April 04, 2005

A Massage, a Shoppin' Baskit, and Some Turkey (or ham if you're not beautiful)

I had my very first professional massage at the CBC ladies' retreat - now that I know...it definitely won't be the last. Yep, we had a great time. It was great to see many of my Midland friends and to share with them about what God is doing in midlothiancynthia's life. I love y'all! The 4 hour trip there and back was even fun; Jourdan, our worship leader for the retreat, rode with me and I enjoyed getting to know her. Random things struck us as funny, such as the "Shoppin' Baskit" grocery store in...I can't remember which town along Hwy. 67. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in that brainstorming session. By the way, if you're looking for someone who can lead worship for a ladies' retreat or other women's event, I highly recommend Jourdan. Her heart is as pure as her voice and her joy is contagious. Although, I'm not sure THAT's what that young waiter was thinking when he made sure that she got the last few slices of turkey while the rest of us were told we'd get ham. (But that's ok, because we just learned that we're all beautiful to God, right girls?)

Abby's pic is coming hopefully tonight, after her first game in uniform. They didn't come in before Saturday's game. But she would want me to tell you that they did win both games of their double-header, and Abby collected a couple of hits in her first at-bats. More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll always save turkey slices for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Now Clay, I have to say that is one of the sweetest things I've heard all day. Well done...

Hi Cynthia. Yes I check in with your blogs every week. Looking forward to October.
Amy in FL