Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Sequel

I appreciate the bold honesty of Lisa and La-shea whose concern about mechanical pencils and sniffing tennis balls has caused me to look a bit deeper to examine the things that bring me sunshine. (However, you do need to know that the smell of new tennis balls was only slightly ahead of my new silicone oven mitts that are washable and withstand up to 600 degrees of "hotness", as Abby would say.) So here it is. My new and improved list of...

things that make me smile.

*When my friends post comments on my blog
* Brandon wearing eye-black while playing baseball (very cute.)
* Abby talking to her beanie babies as if they were real. (also very cute.)
* Movie and sunset in Cancun. (thanks, Lisa, for the suggestion. You're right...that's probably a really good one. Maybe I'll get to do that someday.) :-)
* Whipping my big brother in fantasy basketball since he always dominated me in the driveway. Who owes who the Hubba Bubba now????
* instead of sniffing the tennis balls...playing tennis with a friend, usually sm or sj
* Movie and sunset in Midland...I've done that one and it's actually quite nice.
* Playing cards (Hand and Foot) in the mountains of Colorado with M&CG til the wee hours of the night AND playing cards (Hand and Foot) in our kitchen in Midland with S&DP--good times!
* getting an email from an old friend--that happened today!
* watching "King of Queens" reruns with Clay practically every night right before sleepy-time. That show cracks me up.

It is what it is.


My friend, Kirk, had his surgery yesterday. It took 7 hours or so and they did it while he was awake, which is really cool (or weird, depending upon your perspective). Anyway, he did great and is fully intact. The awakeness helped them make sure of that, as they had him recite the Pledge of Allegiance numerous times during the surgery. The surgeon was confident that he got all of the tumor, and Jan will know soon specifics about that. Thanks for your prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new list.

(I loved your old one, too--honestly.)

You bring such joy to me, girl. Keep them coming.

xooxoxo
shea-shea

thesharester said...

is the reason you smile when we play tennis is because you know you are about to kick my tail? yeah, thats what i thought.

but seriously...friday morning march 11th, you're going down on the basketball court. lace up the nikes.

Anonymous said...

OK, I have waited long enough. I currently have four bloggers who I read eveyday, I post on my sister's, I read my kids but don't post, your's I will read and occassionally make observations on.

1st - it does hurt really bad when you hurt your kids. It's easy to see when it is physical and critical to see when it is emotional.

2nd - the speed limit is a law, not a rule or a guideline. Next time you feel like breaking the law, get really daring - in Oklahoma on the turnpike they have a minimum speed, drive lower than the posted minimum for thirty minutes or so and see if they catch you as fast as they do when YOU exceed the maximum posted.

3rd - late night "King of Queens" re-runs are the standard at our house as well, when I can stay up till it ends at 10:30.

rj (alias the Conference Speaker) oh yes, 24 is almost as good as vintage ALIAS

CYNTHIA said...

RJ - yeah, I knew that speed limit comment would draw you out into the open. Too easy.
P.S. I should have put yours and Kathy's initials on the "have your friends over for dinner" lesson, too. My bad.

Martha said...

Hey...SJ told me about your blog and I've been reading since the beginning, so you have me to thank for a 1-increment increase on your counter every weekday. I agree, it is hard to come up with witty things to say on a regular basis (especially when your blog is about a 4-month-old baby), but you seem to be doing a fine job.

I decided I would let you know I am here...especially since my brother made his lurking known. Plus, now you'll have another comment and, if you are like I am, that'll make you very happy. I bet you are smiling right now! Am I right?