Monday, March 07, 2005

Obscure Ramblings

While you Midlanders are enjoying spring break this week, we're still trudging along with 2 more to go. I take comfort in the hope that it will be warmer by then! It is a busy week, though. Abby has her program this Thursday. She's very excited about that! Clay's parents and our friend Sharon are coming in for the event. Well, actually, Sharon (who loves for me to mention her on my blog) is coming to leave her car while she travels to London for her spring break. Then on Friday, her class (Abby's, not Sharon's) will dress up for "50's Day" since there are only 50 days of school left and kindergarteners like to celebrate such milestones. Plus, we have our first full week of practices. Abby's playing softball and Brandon's playing baseball.

Clay and I had our Friday breakfast at the Waxahachie Chick-fil-A last week (I know you're surprised by that news). Anyway, it made me a little bit sad because there were moms there with their little toddlers getting together for a play date. I miss that...sometimes. But then my thoughts turn to this October when we'll travel to Mecca (Disney World, that is) for our long-awaited, carefully planned family vacation. Abby will finally get HER picture taken with Mickey Mouse and Brandon can get back to his roots. We're going with my whole family: mom, dad, 2 bros and their families...that's 15 in all. Mom and Dad have rented a great big 7 bedroom house (with pool) in a gated community near the parks. (That cinquain was no exaggeration, I tell you.) We planned the event for October because, well, in October it's not so hot and there are no long lines. Midlothian ISD threw a little kink in our best-laid plans when they decided to not take Columbus Day off as a school holiday next year. Instead, we'll have off the following Monday. I don't know, I'm just thinking...I MIGHT have been ready for them to go back to school that day.

No comments: