Monday, February 28, 2005

Building Anticipation

yep. that's what I've been doing. letting your eagerness grow while I think of something new to post. my friend and fellow blogger, sj, told me there would come a day when I might feel somewhat pressured to be witty and clever. Apparently, today's the day. I'm all out of funny for the moment, so I guess I'll just stick to the facts.

Last night I went to my little ladies Bible study thing. Have I mentioned that it's also a cooking class and dinner? And all I can say is, "mmmmmm." Each week we have a cooking class and then have Bible study. During that time, our meal is prepared by a lady named Susan who can flat out cook. So, I had eaten my delicious meal and then headed up to the church to get the kids from Clay so they could get to bed at a decent time. It was dark and I was in a hurry and...well, long story short. I accidentally slammed (yes, that's the correct verb) Brandon's hand in the car door. He was getting in the sliding door behind me and had rested his hand where my door closes. I'm telling you I ALWAYS look because I've been paranoid about that, but this time I didn't and there it went. Can I tell you that I'm pretty sure there's NO feeling more awful than injuring your own child (except maybe injuring someone ELSE'S child...that'd be pretty bad, too)--even knowing full well it was an accident. His tall man, ring finger and pinky are purple and swollen a bit, but they move ok and the xrays showed no fracture. I'm telling you it's amazing because that door was closed....hard....on his little hand. The dr. was even surprised that there was no break, but gave Brandon his blessing to go to baseball practice tonight. He just told him to let pain be his judge on what to do or not do.

and, yes, I'm aware that we've become very accident prone. i know that's what you were thinking.

Abby's sitting here beside me having her "quiet time". How cool is that? I found a neat little devotion book for girls her age with fun activities. She said to tell you "hi". And now she's going to blog a little something to her friends...so go get 'em.

I am having a program at my school. Its cald ham it up. and I am going to dres up as a pig. I git to tel a jok to the odiens. I miss you. Love,Abby

Alright. I'm off to cook dinner for the fam. Check back soon...because I can, I probably will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Brandon's hand! ouch...I burned Jordan's with a curling iron once (it was an accident, really). Awful feeling. Go Abby on the play! Tell me your joke at church, ok? Well, I've never made a comment on someone's blog before. Between this and hanging out with the smart kids at DBU, I'm feeling pretty hip! (of course using the word hip surely makes me very un-hip). See you Wednesday. (Hey, let's talk about our hour of 'down time').

Tammy C

Anonymous said...

I need to leave a comment for a couple of reasons...one would be to erase the embarrassment my wife felt with my last post when I used a very old term of endearment. My apologies. Second, I think the fact that little B is almost 10 and this is the first time she has dealt harm to him is amazing. I know I've beaned him with a baseball on several occasions, and have shown little remorse thinking to myself, "suck it up...get tough"!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, I've told you and told you and told you. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ACCIDENT PRONE. The first time you backed out of the garage alone. When Clay and you went to Dallas or somewhere and you broke something- I don't remember what. There are several more I won't mention and you probably don't know I know. Pray for Clay, Brandon, and Abby.