Monday, March 19, 2007

Weird, but Cool

B & A pooled their money and bought American Idol for PS2. It took me a couple of days before I decided to venture upstairs and check it out; mostly I was just enjoying regular chuckles to myself as I listened to them sing. It comes w/ a microphone and works kind of like karaoke. But it also works kind of like guitar hero in that it gives you points for hitting the right notes...it actually detects if you're sharp or flat, and whether or not you hold the notes for the right amount of time. Anyway, I've never been a singer. Check that...I sing all the time. Loudly, mostly in the car. I've even thought that I should probably tone it down because the kids might think that's normal and begin to annoy their friends with loud car-singing when I'm not around. But I can only copycat other singers, really. And mostly only MALE singers. But, I've now played American Idol twice--and been crowned THE American Idol...twice. Once I beat Taylor Hicks and the 2nd time I beat all the other Hopkins.

The coolest part, though, is that the time I was on my way to defeating Taylor Hicks, B was upstairs with me. I was singing unashamedly and was making my voice do some funny things to match the songs I was singing, like on "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (perfect score!). Anyway, B said this: "You're so weird. But even though you're a weird mom, you're somehow a cool mom at the same time. Some other kids' moms are just weird."

I think that's the nicest thing he's ever said to me. :-)

And A...well, she's going to be a writer like her mom. In all her band preparations, you know she's been writing songs. And they're a little rough, but they have some REALLY deep stuff. She wrote this: "Down in the sea where the ocean goes by I feel the breeze of friendship down in me. Friendship...oooh kindness....oooohhh friendship Yeah..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

starts out too much like under the sea! KJ

Anonymous said...

starts out too much like under the sea! KJ

Anonymous said...

comments from your children like these are your reward for sitting up with them late at night when they were babies and many diaper changes. KJ

Anonymous said...

Can you sing against Sanjaya? Cause I think even I can sing better than him!

-CG