Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Day That Cynthia Got Her Internet Back

The blessed day of Internet connection was today. Good thing, too, because bills needed to be paid and a blog needed to be typed. I almost hugged the young man who came to install it this morning, but that probably wouldn't have been appropriate. Actually, I've been so busy the last 2 weeks that I haven't had time to bemoan the absence of the worldwide web (You know, I don't think I've ever used the word "bemoan" in a sentence before). We got moved in on the 26th, the kids started school on the 29th, and I went to writers' conference on the 31st. Clay had Rapid Rewards to use or lose by next month, so he went with me this time. The days were for conferencing with LifeWay peeps, but we did get to do some fun stuff in the evenings. S&DP moved to N'ville this summer, so we had dinner with them at the Aquarium one night and the next, Clay and I walked over to the Coliseum to watch the Titans play the Packers. A public thank you to my mom who stayed here with the kids while we were gone. It was all a very nice little diversion from boxes. But now I'm finding myself here at the house, not wanting to go or do anything during school hours because solitude is a precious treasure. I do have lots of work on my hands (literally, as writing assignments are the theme of my fall), but it's quiet, thinking work-- and that's an enjoyable kind, even when it seems there is no end. This leads me to believe that a healthy work environment is essential to the emotional well-being of the worker. Even though I am as busy as a bee and heading to Dallas for another conference on Monday, I feel no pressure or stress. Perhaps you should paint your office blue, as mine now is.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I live in the boonies. It's ok, though, because there are LOTS of other people who live in the boonies with me on their acre or whatever, and we have nice neighborhood streets and trails and Air Canopy for Internet, which allows me to connect to the world really, really fast. Now we've come full circle, and so I guess I'm finished for today. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the WWW. I've missed you.
~CG

CYNTHIA said...

lunch sounds good. and don't fret about accidentally posting twice. It made me smile to see a "4 comments" when I got on here tonight!

Anonymous said...

I do expect a post soon on our volleyball experiences. That has to be some major blogging material!
TW