Sunday, September 11, 2005

Bump, Set, Spike

Good point, TW. Last night Clay and I ventured back into the world of church league recreation after, if memory serves correctly, a 10 year hiaitus. The bad news is that our volleyball team got schooled. Not once, not twice, but three times we were dominated. While I won't say that we were the Bad News Bears version of church-league volleyball, I will admit that we're....not good. But there is sunshine over the horizon. The team that we played was a well-oiled machine. They were the Bulls of the 90's playing against a lowly expansion team. That's good news because we did improve in each of the 3 games. I can even smell victory on the horizon. And the best news is that my shoulder (after serving over-handed 4 times) feels just fine! Only one of those serves actually landed in the court of play, but that's not the point. In addition, my cat-like reflexes at times impressed even me. :-) Go FBC!

Tonight at the big youth party for new-to-Midlothian students, I got in the boxing ring with Clay. We put on headgear and these gigantic boxing gloves that had to weigh about 15 lbs. apiece. Anyway, I'd just like to say that I highly recommend that sort of activity~perhaps at a marriage enrichment retreat or something, I don't know, but that's some good therapy. :-)

At the risk of sounding like a website for Celiac support, I'd like to report that I have discovered some DELICIOUS wheat/gluten-free cookies. They're more expensive than gasoline, however, so I must pace myself. Fortunately, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups also satisfy the occasional chocolate craving. Well, now that you've got me thinking about dessert...later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha - thats awesome. i had a volleyball game on saturday. i also had four serves...mine counted for points. because they all landed in the playing court. and we won, but due to lack of playing WELL, (we played OK), we will be running 46 sets of lines in practice come monday! much fun i know!

CYNTHIA said...

um, I'm glad we don't have to run lines in church league. TW...don't get any bright ideas.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I knew as head coach of the FBCM (fast but challenged mentally) Volleyball Team that I would have to reprimand someone but I did not expect it to be you. Team morale will be shot if other players read your blog. I heard some on the team already talking playoffs. Maybe they were just talking about watching the playoffs. That running lines thing really is a good idea but remember we don't practice!
TW(HC)

Anonymous said...

and you keep changing your template becaaaause?

CYNTHIA said...

I changed the template because I had already grown weary of pink. You really have to be in a certain mood for that. The green, I feel, has a nice calming effect.

Anonymous said...

I much prefer the new color.
M

CYNTHIA said...

it's more intellectual, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Much. Plus, it doesn't make me feel ill. :-)
M