Monday, April 03, 2006

note to self

here's a helpful tip: If your kid's new baseball team decides to have a pre-season cookout on a Sunday, you should go, even if your Sundays are generally reserved for church and family. Otherwise, you might not have the opportunity to say "No, I don't think we'd like to spend an additional $100 so that our son can wear a professional-looking uniform for two months of baseball and so that we can have matching parent t-shirts that we'll never ever wear. Because that's just silly." And I'm wondering, just who is such excessiveness for? Would that be for the boys who don't really care all that much or is it for the parents who are living vicariously through their children? hmmmm....

A has been working up a new laugh. It saddens me somewhat b/c I found her old laugh quite enjoyable...you know, that big belly-laugh of hers that is so great. Last week, she replaced it with what we like to call "The Wheezer". It's a low, breathy chuckle. Come to think of it, maybe I should work on a new laugh myself. After all, everyone needs a change of pace now and then.

4 comments:

PD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PD said...

WOW...that'll be a sweet deduction in the ol' checkbook...my vote is for the latter...parents using a baseball game as a fashion show.

I made myself laugh the other day because of my laugh. That's because I SNORTED! Others in close proximity whipped their heads around sporting a smirky grin as if to say..."did you just SNORT?" Yes. Yes, I did.

Anonymous said...

you can't just DECIDE when to have a new laugh. its like a new stage of life and it doesnt come when you want it to, it just happens unexpectedly. and you cant invent it either. goodness, what were you thinking!? and whats wrong with your laugh now? now that i think about it i havent heard it in quite a while..maybe you should change it. :p

CYNTHIA said...

no, no. you misunderstand. she's actually trying to have a new laugh. her original still comes out when she's genuinely tickled, but she works on wheezer in less hilarious moments.