Monday, April 10, 2006

hobbled

Retreat #2 is now complete. This weekend I was in Glen Rose with the staff wives of FBC Midlo for the Texas Minister's Wives retreat and we had a great time. We laughed and laughed and then we laughed some more. The theme at the retreat was Extreme Makeover, just like the theme of our own retreat a few weeks ago. They had a whole afternoon set aside for "Spa Day" and we chose chair massages, facials (well, sort of), a foot massage, and having our toe nails painted. There's a story in each one of those pamperings, but sometimes ya' just have to be there.

Due to my excessive retreating I missed B pitching on Friday night in a very Midland-like dust storm, from what I understand. But he pitched the whole game (it only lasted 3 innings) and he struck out 7. Yay for video! On the same day, C informed me that girls from school were calling the house to talk to B. That's the first time that's happened at our house and I'll be pleased if it's the last for some time to come. Middle school is only 4 short months away~ and no. No, I don't think I am ready for this.

Today I'm hobbling around the house b/c I was trying to act like a teenager last night. Um, playing bball in the driveway with some high schoolers from our small group, I rolled my ankle and sprained it badly. Good thing my job requires me to sit on my posterior all day long.

Raise your hand if you loved the weather this weekend. I even mowed the grass for the first time in my life on Sat. when i returned from retreating (b/c now we have a riding mower and it was kinda fun). There's a creek and really neat gazebo in our neighborhood...walked over to it twice on Sunday.

Six Flags on Friday...with Audio Adrenaline and Kutless....if I can walk by then, that is. so i must work now...short week!

2 comments:

thesharester said...

kutless pretty much rocks my face off.

hope your ankle gets better asap. was it a crossover that got ya?

CYNTHIA said...

nah. nothing as cool as that. it was the edge of the driveway.