Saturday, April 22, 2006

carniverous

cows are big. we bought & rec'd a mere eighth of Hercules today, a cow raised by a teenager who goes to our church. and an eighth of Hercules is 130 lbs. we are generally more affectionate toward white meat (and THIS time when I say "we", I mean "me"), our freezer is now filled with assorted cuts of beefiness. i think we're set for awhile. tonight was 2 of Hercules' t-bones, and though i'm not certain where those are located on still-breathing-bovine, they were quite tasty.

so none of you have any help for our dc vacation? sigh. good thing for the internet, i suppose.

here's a shocking revelation: i like to mow. i've actually been volunteering to do that job since we last spoke of it. and i'm getting pretty good at it, too--so good that today i mowed with my legs tanning up on the front part thingy as i listened to my favorite tunes on my mp3. i really don't see why people think it's such a chore. it does work up a hefty appetite for red meat, however...

4 comments:

PD said...

I like to mow too, but we don't have one of those rding deals...we gotta walk it.

PD

Anonymous said...

CH<, please take the chilluns to the tomb of the unknown soldier in arlington national cemetery. I used to ride my bike to it from my house when I was in high school. They can watch the guard change and it is a VERY cool thing. And of course I hope you will take them to the smithsonians, another plaground of my youth.... KJ

CYNTHIA said...

yes, i failed to mention that particular memory...we saw the changing of the guard and it WAS neat. it's in the plans!

Anonymous said...

tap,tap, tap, is this thing on? Can you hear me?

Conference Speaker