Thursday, February 23, 2006

most banal to date

Going to Willow-world in Chi-town where the high on Sunday is oh, roughly 22. At least the sun is shining, though. This dreary, fog-infested, rainy cold-stuff is making me crazy.

A is Little Bo Peep tonight in her school program. That should be entertaining. She was pretty worked up about it last night...couldn't go to sleep. Do you remember when life was that simple? That'd be nice if I just had to dress up like Peep on Saturday and deliver two lines instead of lead 3 hours worth of conferences. Not that I'm complaining (yes, I am); it's just that 3 hours is a very long time for a person who is not all that wordy. Succint, concise - these are words that describe me (except of course when it comes to my blog where I often find the need to key my every thought and then follow them up with explanations of those thoughts. maybe that's what I should do; I could pretend that the audience is my monitor and I'm simply blogging all my thoughts about teaching for transformation and facilitating meaningful discussion. yeah). therefore, I find it difficult to get excited about 55 minutes times 3. Besides that, most people tune out after 22.5 minutes anyway, wondering what's for lunch and if Midlothian has anything good because we've come all this way.

You might be wondering why I'm boring you with such frivolity. It's because I am currently a prisoner in my own house. There's a painter who has been here all day caulking and painting, caulking and painting, caulking and painting. Our cabinets will most likely need to be replaced, but this is a last-ditch effort to fix the problem before going to such an extreme measure on a brand-new home. Anyway, I'm not a daytime tv watcher, and i must stay here. So looks like you get a meaningless blog out of the deal.

I know you were disappointed that the last entry didn't have a deep thought, so here ya' go:

Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. Give it up, little guy. - JH

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO entertaining and you're going to be GREAT Saturday!! All 3 times!!! I'm sure looking forward to it!
-ld

Anonymous said...

is this a ladies conference you're speaking at or what. i find it hard to give meangingful comments when i don't have the whole picture. KJ

PD said...

Are you gonna use a lecturn? That always makes me feel more important...

PD

CYNTHIA said...

kj- no, it's an area-wide Sunday School leadership thingy. I'm doing conferences for youth workers.
pd- of course. ya' gotta use a lecturn, if for no other reason than to just be able to say "lecturn".

Anonymous said...

OK---well I'm just typing so I can say I posted a comment. Have a good day. Ls

Anonymous said...

55 minutes 3 times one day. Piece of cake. You won't even need a peppermint for your throat. Glad that they were able to find such a good replacement since I couldn't make it....

Conference Speaker

CYNTHIA said...

ah, but would 2 different conferences, with 1 repeated twice be a piece of cake?