Wednesday, February 08, 2006

dumbfounded and disappointed yet somewhat hopeful

[exhale] Finished my 6 month writing assignment last night about 9. You'd think I'd have lots to say about that, but I'm sitting here dumbfounded. that's right, dumbfounded. Maybe I'm all out of words? I sure hope not since I have ladies' Bible study tonight, a Sunday school conference in 2 weeks, and a unit for youth from Acts about the church to get started on.

I must admit, this week's 24 was somewhat disappointing. One of the things that has endeared me to the show is the intensity and frequent surprise. But this week...at least 3 things that were all too familiar: the deaths of the two people - one who had vital info. and one who you just wanted to see in a jail cell for a minute. You know, like all those times Sydney and Jack had conversations with Arvin Sloane through the bars on Alias? Then there was the introduction of some weird little sub-plot that seems entirely pointless--Lynn's strung-out sister having him mugged in the parking lot. Reminded me of the schizophrenic daughter from last season whose demise did not come soon enough for me. But I'm a true fan and a writer myself, so I'll give them the benefit of doubt and anticipate a super show next week.

This coming Monday night Brandon is in the county spelling bee. Go Brandon! Here's hoping the spelling bee gives us some bloggable material...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Brandon H! Alas, Brandon A. will represent Greathouse again this year at Midland College. Not that he didn't try to LOSE, however. Really he just wanted a trophy. The final round was a spell-off and after purposely misspelling, among other painfully obvious errors, "su(k)rose," he told me afterward, his pride would not allow him to misspell "curtain."

I am so proud.