Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Saving Brain Cells

I suppose I'm a bit tardy in telling you that the kids and I did not go with Clay on the mission trip this week. Maybe you thought I was there and that's why we've gone a week with no blog post. Instead, the reason is more complex than that. Brandon has been uninjured. Abby and two cousins have been underfoot. Clay has been unavailable. In short, the week has been uneventful and I have been uninspired. Or perhaps I'm simply just trying to store up all possibilities of brilliant thought for the 5 writing assignments I have this fall. :-) I think we'll all agree that I need all the help I can get....perhaps I should have begun storing up months ago! :-) I AM excited about those opportunities: 2 adult curriculum projects (Life Values and Quick Source), 1 new youth piece called "sixty-six", a FUEL (dvd-driven curriculum) assignment, and high school's "Life f(x)", because they've done away with the Family Bible Study piece. So if your church uses any of that stuff...check it out! It's both funny and wonderful how over the last few years, whenever I've tossed around the idea of going back to teach school, God answers me loudly with writing and speaking opportunities, which are what I really love to do anyway. So I'll sit in this chair as long as He wants, continually thankful for His activity in my life!

I'll also be leading a ladies' Bible study (Beth M.'s new patriarchs study) on Wednesday nights at church and will direct the high school Sunday School department. We're going to use Fuel, and I'll get to do some large group teaching on weeks we decide to take a break from the dvd presentation. Thanks to you who have kept asking me about when and how I'm going to jump in and get going here at FBC Midlothian.

Back to mission trip~all reports from Clayton are good. He's having a great time and wishes you and I were there. Shout outs to my elder friends who are having birthdays this week and next---SA, AL, and LDW---it's so nice of y'all to break in those bigger numbers way before I have to think about it myself. You're so considerate! :-) love ya'~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you leading the patriarchs study because you are really close to the same age as those that you will be studying? If that was the idea then I believe you should contact SA and have her drive over, she is MUCH closer to them than you are.

Conference Speaker

Anonymous said...

Hey, anything for a friend! We're glad we could prepare the way for you! Thanks for wanting to hang out with this "old" folk!

Anonymous said...

OK, I go out of the country for two weeks and I come back to find Conference speaker making comments about my age on your site!! I am only 5 weeks older than him!! Thanks for the comment!