Tuesday, February 22, 2005

sharing life

Yes, yes, yes! on "Because of Winn Dixie". I laughed...I cried...It was an extremely good call on my part to not cave and go see "Mask"! Winn Dixie was a heart-warming tale full of (per our previous conversation) parable - lessons about loving others, forgiveness, and sharing life. I highly recommend the flick...and both kids loved it, too.

A few more websites for you that I think are good.
www.20q.net ummm, yeah. Brandon got this little handheld 20Q game for Christmas and it guesses almost anything you're thinking of in 20 or 25 questions. The website itself is even smarter.
www.geocaching.com my big brother showed me this. if you have a gps, you can go on treasure hunts with your kids and stuff by typing your zip code in on this website and getting coordinates where things are hidden in your neck of the woods.
www.bethanydillon.com like 15 years old, i think, and she writes all her own music...and it's good. can't beat that. I like "Beautiful"


Brandon took the TAKS today and said it was boring. The writing prompt was something about a favorite day you remember. Brandon said his ending went something like this (regarding a trip to Sea World) "It was a day that I know will one day be brainwashed from my mind forever." You'll all be proud of me that I didn't say anything...just nodded and muttered "hmmmm..." or something like that. But I'm not thinking that anyone besides him is going to get what he meant by that. :-)

I got my haircut today and it made me miss Midland...The Body Shop has moved now, right? And you've all gotten to go to it and it's really really fun. sigh. Somebody tell Danette I said that, ok?

My good friend and the matron of honor in my wedding called me last Thursday to tell me that her husband, who is also my friend, has a brain tumor. He's 45 years old and never had a clue there was anything wrong until he had a seizure last week. Anyway, he's having surgery on March 1 at 9 a.m. and his name is Kirk. Please pray for him, for Jan, and for their kids Matt and Laura.

well, Abby wants me to come play a game with her or something so I guess that's it for now. Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zach's most memorable day that he wrote for TAKS was the day we put our dog to sleep. He wrote, "Her eyes didn't close, they just went blank". I'm sure before long his test will be in the hands of some psychiatrist and we'll be getting a phone call.

Kendall

Anonymous said...

taks? what taks? i didn't do that.

josie

Anonymous said...

bethany dillon!! i love her cd!!!

*bekah*