Tuesday, December 11, 2007

my life and stuff

you beg for a miley report and then you comment not. sheesh. you ppl are hard to please.

tonight i went to fbc waxahachie to get their youth workers fired up about the curriculum they're about to use. i got two 11th grade boys to go with me, bc when the youth min. told me he wanted my talk to be "high energy", I didn't know if I was up to the task. But i think it went well and the boys were just happy to get a free meal out of the deal (the youth workers were also having an appreciation banquet). ANd as I sat watching them wolf down their 2nd dinner of the evening (they had both already eaten at their homes an hour earlier), I began to realize that when B is a teenager I'm going to have to get a 3rd job (in addition to writing and tutoring) bc 16 year old boys eat a LOT. It's not even like it was a light meal...they were serving spaghetti. and they both cleaned their plates

B's bball team played a team from mansfield Monday night and got beat 78-15. ouch. but B scored 2 of those 15 on a nice little drive in the lane and ball fake. That one moment almost made it completely worthwhile for c and me to sit through that otherwise dismal game. They get to play another Mansfield team next week...woohoo!

3 comments:

MNJ said...

I would have posted a comment, but I spoke to you in person about the Hannah Montana concert. Aren't you glad the Oklahoma City ice storm waited until AFTER the concert weekend to cause such a mess?

Anonymous said...

Now you see why I work all the time! B-Hoop scored over 13% of his teams points. Good job!
RH

Anonymous said...

So the comment about B's Bball prowess reminded me that I have not give the H's grief over not following some of their youth Bball players to Weatherford where they played a fine team from west of PK Lake in the finals on Saturday night the 8th of December. Had they attended they might have seen some fine moves on offense and defense by one particular player from that team from west of PK Lake.

Conference Speaker