Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Aunt Cynthia

Summer Update:
C got back from youth camp this past Friday. They went to Pineywoods...my old preteen/youth camp stompin' grounds. This is the place where my stuffed dog, Odie, of Garfield fame, was sent up the flag pole and where, as a counselor at preteen camp I was serenaded by the staffers while I was eating. They, all down on one knee, sang "You Lost That Lovin' Feelin" in the cafeteria the year I had apparently lost interest, since I had started dating C. But back to the here and now...C and his youth campers had a great time and 7 kids that went with our church became Christians! Next stop...Hardin Simmons for Super Summer in July.

B left yesterday morning for Crosspoint Camp. I haven't heard from him yet, but I do know that he scored the back row on the charter bus yesterday, so I guess it got off to a great start. He's rooming w/ his cousin, Brent, who I have discovered is a highly organized (he packed and repacked 3x) , money-saving lad---neither of which are descriptors of my B--so I'm feeling better about all our possessions getting back home on Friday.

A is enjoying the week here at the house with her cousin Alyssa. These two are the most easily entertained individuals...they play together quietly for hours, needing nothing but the occasional snack. Our plan was to swim, swim, swim this week, but it looks more like rain, rain, rain. So we're going to see Surf's Up later today.

I have written 9/14 sessions of my summer writing assignment. If A and A continue their self-sufficiency, I hope to have 11/14 finished by the end of the week! Who knows? Maybe I'll have half the summer left and NO WORK to do. woohoo!

No comments: