Friday, November 11, 2005

you see, we BUILD to that

Thanksgiving coming up. I wonder if it will be 8o + degrees? Let's begin our preparations by contemplating the things we're NOT thankful for...

* e-tickets that don't divulge pertinent information (like which terminal you'll be departing from). yep, got there and had no clue. called clay-pot but the dfw site was down. of course, guessed wrong, causing unnecessary walking at both beginning and end of trip. argh.
* unseasonably hot weather
* rocks where there ought to be soil. makes fence post digging difficult for my hard-working honey-man.
* unidentifiable illnesses
* fantasy basketball players already injured, causing my team to hoover
* dust
* nasty HBO in my hotel room. unable to surf thru channels safely after a long day of work
* distance
* spam and SPAM
* movies that you expect to be good but end up being stupid and dumb
* dishrags that don't absorb water. i guess that's what they mean by linens 'n things
* memory loss
* having to wait until January for the season premiere of your most favorite show in the whole wide world
* Alias, season 5

5 comments:

thesharester said...

alias without vaughn = sadness. i hear they are taking a hiatus. i think they should make it quite extensive before they ruin the memories i have of the show. here's looking forward to 24.

thesharester said...

just boosting the comment count cuz ya know we're friends like that. hope you're having fun in the big city.

Anonymous said...

so which movie was stupid and dumb?

CYNTHIA said...

monster-in-law; the wedding date

Anonymous said...

I agree about Alias. I have to force myself to watch it this season. I may give up on it.

Also, I agree with your assessment of Monster-In-Law. I can't believe I paid money to see it. Glad to say I didn't see the wedding date.

MNJ