Monday, November 21, 2005

Turkey Day

Too much of a good thing is wonderful. - Mae West

With this in mind, C's 2005 reasons for thankfulness:
* Faithful Jesus, who illuminates every good thing with proper light
* A's public declaration of her trust in Him
* The friendship of my 39-year-old-but-still-hot husband
* A boy who admires his little sister but picks on her as big brothers are inclined to do
* A girl who adores her big brother but doesn't hesitate to kick him in the shin
* A mom and dad so lovable I'd let them retire on the back-forty.
* lots of family who don't live very far off anymore
* a job...i think i've mentioned this before...that i can do while wearing pajamas
* old friends - cell phones, email, Yahoo! Games, and a blog
* new friends - brunches, lunches, and dinners. movies, shopping, a day spa, a week in Abilene, Hand and Foot, a great house, girls' trip to The Woodlands, and a really, really, really large fence.

Of course there is a lot more stuff, but if I want to keep that job that I can do in pjs, I'd better get cracking today. I hope you have a wonderful week of family and/or friends, good food, and praise of the One who makes life worth celebrating. And since I can't sit at everyone's table on Thursday, I'll just go ahead and tell you: I love you. I'm thankful for you. And I hope the Aggies can somehow miraculously beat the Longhorns. Hullabaloo, everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CH, Thank you for your words and blessings for our Thanksgiving! We are looking forward to the time with VERY special friends and their family!!!!!!! And, of course, the BIG EVENT that happens on Friday morning... GIG 'EM... and to any t-sips that can read, just remember, stranger things have happened, so be prepared. If the upset of the century, well, maybe the upset of the millennia, happens and the "Magic of Kyle" returns and the good guys win, I will talk enormous noise for the next 12 months!!!!

Texan by birth, AGGIE by the Grace of God... ;) SS