Saturday, October 27, 2007

Food Challenge

I'm changing my list of fave shows. Now it goes like this:
1. 24 and Friday Night Lights (I can't choose bc 24 isn't on right now, but that FNL is a GREAT show.)
2. 24 and Friday Night Lights
3. The Closer
4. House
5. Kid Nation

So last week on Survivor, they had the season's disgusting food challenge. They're in China, so they were having to eat some Chinese delicacies that were WAY over the top, in my opinion. Let's see, there were the little baby turtles, chicken hearts, eels, 1,000 year old eggs, and the worst of all...chicken fetuses, complete with feathers and all.

Watching this got me wondering, if another country was doing their own episode of Survivor, and the setting was America, what would be the food challenge that would make the foreigners gag and the show's watchers dry heave in their living rooms? At first I was hard pressed to come up with comparable food items, but then maybe not:

Spam
beets
Pork rinds
fruitcake
raw oysters
grits
chitlins
rattlesnake

and C wants me to add boiled eggs (but i like those)

maybe you'd like to help me with my list?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's three more
Liver
Cow tongue
My ex-wife's spaghetti

PD said...

Let's see...
roaches
I'm with ya on the chicken fetuses
Liver
okra
anything seafood related
hominy

More later...
PD

Anonymous said...

I would second(make that third)liver. And potted meat...funky-nasty. I will continue to think on these things...thanks alot!

TC

Anonymous said...

Brussel Spouts
Conference Speaker

Anonymous said...

I'd add corn nuts, the smell alone makes me gag. Then there is a guy a work who eats lunch everyday from a can, but he doesn't heat it up. You name it... soup, beef stew, ravioli, all from a can, all cold. That's pretty gross.

~CG

Anonymous said...

Pickled eggs (like the ones on the counter of some nasty-old-grease-fried-burrito convenience store)

Pig's feet (Kendall's contrib.)

TC

Unknown said...

tuna casserole

Unknown said...

tuna casserole

Anonymous said...

In my experience, many Asians are grossed out by processed American foods that are artificially colored. When I taught JH kids in Taiwan years ago, they used to come to our house to be grossed out by our 'nasty' western food, like Kool-aid and bright colored candies like Starbursts. They were also disgusted by spaghetti and cheddar cheese. However they loved snacks like chicken feet, pigs ears, and strips of seaweed that look like carbon paper. (Actually those are pretty yummy, and I still crave the salted dried cuttlefish after all these years...)
cjs

Anonymous said...

hot dogs.