Monday, May 21, 2007

i may have even hurdled an old lady

this is the coolest hotel room i've ever stayed in and it's just a shame that no one is here to enjoy it with me. i'm in nashville and tired from a long, crazy day...but we'll get to that in a minute. because back to the hotel - i've stayed here at the wyndham union station quite a few times, but they've done some remodeling. it was a neat hotel before the remodeling, full o' history bc al capone stayed here back in the day. but now my room is great, too. it's all very contemporary and i feel, at this very moment, like a rich person as I sit here on this funky-cool bed w/ funky-cool carpet, furniture, and a big ole flat planel tv all to myself. also, my bathroom has marble tile on the floors and other neato furniture in there.

too bad i have to be down at LifeWay at 7:20 a.m. and I can't enjoy this setup again until after dinner tomorrow night.

so i was on my way to the airport this morning and hit awful traffic. sat still for 1/2 an hour and then putted along for another 1/2 hour, it seemed. i was, for the first time in my life, actually worried that i might miss my flight. which would be bad bc i was presenting first thing today. so even though i needed a restroom facility in a bad way, i kept on going. by the time the express parking driver dropped me off at the first A-terminal gate i could get out at, i headed to the restroom and was ready to do my oj simpson thing through the airport. problem was, they don't let you check your luggage w/in 40 min. of takeoff. so i had to carry on my suitcase and that meant a search at security. they confiscated my hairspray and BRAND NEW tube of gel. but i was off. i raced through the airport and made it to the gate as they were boarding. by this time i was feeling much better bc i had endured a trying situation and emerged the victor. however, about 2 nanoseconds after i sat down in my assigned seat the guy in front of me reclined his chair so far back that i had to put on my reading glasses to read the words on the seatback in front of me: "Please secure seatbelt when seated." i'm telling you, he was THAT close.

i think that's all i have to say at this moment. more later.

No comments: