Tuesday, May 09, 2006

iffen you lernt yer letters...

i think that tv/books/music definitely influence the mind. i first began to realize this several years back when i was reading some historical fiction from early American history. so immersed in these pioneer stories, i began to begin say things like, "iffen yer pa gits home soon, we kin et supper." yeah, i did get some funny looks.

and now...well, now in my mind the president and his peeps wear neatly pressed suits at 3 a.m. also, i don't know if i'll feel quite safe on my flight to nashville tomorrow, because who KNOWS what could be going on in the cargo hold. but i AM much tougher nowdays because jack is a heavy influence on my life, so i'm sure i'll be ok. :-)

farewell dear Camdens. here are some things i've learned from you:
*don't be helpful, be harmless.
*people actually LIKE it when you get all up in their business
*swim freely in the fishbowl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience which I detailed in an email I sent you earlier then I re-read this carefully, and realize that you are likely on a plane... so check your email! And Clay, if you can read this, I need you to remember me fondly should you receive a phone call from MISD =)

s adkisson