Monday, May 22, 2006

bacterium

Our first full-family return to Midland in a year and a half was a splendid occasion. good times were had with friends. and might i just add the words La Bodega, Jumburrito, Rosa's and Oscars. :-) sorry to everyone about the little present we left called "streptococcus".

looks like we'll be adding "tonsilectomy" to the calendar for our already busy summer. A has her 7th bout in 12 months. nice!

and speaking of nice, i have a friend who works for the IMB who is always giving me good books to read. I've been on a leisure-reading fast of sorts (b/c of my commitment to prime time TV), but I decided to give some attention to the book she gave me in n'ville last week. It is "Servant on the Edge of History" by Sam Jones, a missionary in Vietnam during the war. It's so good that I have to read it with highlighter in hand. Here is one such nugget that has been especially meaningful and illuminating to me this week:
"I often find myself veering to the left and the right of a thin, almost indiscernible line that runs between caring and not caring, wanting to help and not being able to help. Somewhere in between these two is a place where the missionary must walk with a measure of balance."

exactly.

No comments: