Thursday, December 15, 2005

Amazing and Not So Much...

It turns out that Midland really is the hub of the universe. FBC has just hired a new worship leader. He's coming from Florida, but he and his wife grew up...that's right...in Midland. His dad was youth min. at Kelview back in the day. In fact, they're there right now, hopefully remembering to bring back a dozen sausage, egg, and cheese burritos from Jumburrito to earn my friendship. :-) Anyway, that makes 3 out of 6 FBC staff members whose testimony includes the phrase, "When I lived in Midland..." I, too, am flabbergasted.

Well, the Amazing Race has reached its conclusion this season. We were somewhat disappointed in it this time because all the people were so rude to one another. And it gives me no pleasure to see mean people winning 1 million dollars. They probably don't even tithe. But it was sort of predictable...all the meanness, I mean. Because it was the Family Edition, and how do you get teams of 4 family members to act nicely 24/7 in such conditions? I'm racking my brain and I can't think of any of you whose family wouldn't be painful to watch in a competitive, stressful environment like the Amazing Race. :-) NO offense; I'm sure you could say the same about us. But if we all ever do get together for an Amazing Race, I think it should definitely go through Midland....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad that on the Amazing Race the family that did pray all the time seemed to be the family that would make fun of everyone behind their backs...and I don't think they even realized that they were making fun of people.

Anonymous said...

they could have a pretty mean show if they filmed our family if b.k. or j.a.j get in the shower during jfer's reserved time slot.KJ