Monday, October 03, 2005

Life in Hi Def

So this weekend I was a small group leader for 11-12 grade girls during our D'Now thingy that we call Hi Def. It was great. I didn't get my required amounts of sleep, but no matter...it was good to get to know some girls I'd only really been acquaintanced with previously. Plus, I still love youthy speakers and worship peeps, for myself, that is. And then on top of that, Nathan, Josh, Sharon, Aaron, and Rowdy all came in to help lead and it's a blast to see former students serving God like that and being all leadery and stuff. With so many students, mostly you don't get to see long-term results. So you can see why the weekend was particularly sweet.

plus, I'm pretty good at matchmaking. i think that i could probably make a living at it. but I think that's all I can say about that.

I don't think that I can do another fireworks show now that I've experienced the one the Rangers put on 3 times this year. It's just the longest, bestest, coolest show ever. And it was especially fun to watch SA clap like a toddler each time they surprised us with those six simulataneous blasts off to each side of the main show. Oh yeah, Aaron's whole family, including Lolly and her chicken?, came for the game. Good times.

This morning I finished up one-fifth of an assignment and so I'm resting in the momentary satisfaction. Mainly because with one sentence left to write, my computer went NUTS on me and it took me a good 30 minutes to rectify. It wouldn't let me type lowercase and I had one of those "throw it out the window" moments that I've only heard about before now. but now it's ok because I finished (in lower case, yea!) and I learned a whole lot about all the stuff it says in Hebrews 11 - 12:2 in high definition.

In 5 days we'll be in Orlando with all our Wooldridges. wouldn't it be great if i could walk normally by then?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cynthia! thanks for everything is weekend...it was great! hope you have a great week! -sarah

Anonymous said...

I got my pics back from this weekend and I must say the "group" shots are the best. and yes, I loved every minute of the fabulous fireworks! All I can say is... whenever the Rangers have fireworks next year...I am there!!!
shawna

CYNTHIA said...

just call me hitch

Anonymous said...

Hey Hitch,
If you can still be effective after that "Simon Says" fiasco, you really are good at what you do!
T