Friday, August 17, 2007

twelve.

Yesterday was B's 12th bday. And in a little over a week he'll begin the 7th grade. Bday celebrations are entirely different at this age and I kinda like it. low key, just a few guys hanging out playing pool & ping pong, eating pizza. There was no theme or favor bags. Really, they didn't even need me at all and even better...little parental cash is required for such a gathering. OH, and I didn't have to wrestle with one toy to get it unwrapped or buy D-batteries or anything like that.

I remember his Toy Story party, his Tonka Trucks party, and his Tarzan party. ANd then there was the time we loaded up his friends and went to the Lamesa drive-in...45 min. away...to see Spy Kids 3D. And the time we loaded up his friends and went to the Ennis drive-in...25 min. away. I don't even remember what we saw that time because it was kind of a pain to unload all those chairs and order everyone food. The parties are definitely easier now. Still, thinking about those days makes me a little bit sad....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And what about his mcdonald's date when he was 5???

Anonymous said...

for my 12th birthday i invited my friends to the e/a center and we played ping pong and kickball with no theme.

Anonymous said...

i remember that birthday...kinda embarassing now...my mom stil has the picture.