Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm sorry I can't hear you. I'm deaf in my left ear.

Jack's dad puts the "fun" in dysfunctional, don't you think? Clay and I decided last night that he's even more villainous than Nina was. It's up for debate, I'm sure, but definitely...BAD DAD. And who would expect Chad Lowe to be such a conniving evil-doer? I don't think they cast that part well, bc - in my opinion - he doesn't really have the face for it.

Abby and I have been watching the "Little House on the Prairie" dvds from season 1. It's a little less heart-pounding, but it did shake her up last night to see Mr. Ingall's quarry worker friend blown to bits in an unfortunate accident involving dynamite. Graphic violence is everywhere, I tell ya'.

You might be wondering why I'm blogging instead of working, as I should be, right now. It's because the security guy is here to fix us up since we switched our phone over to Vonage. He's in the office (where I wish to be) working; this prevents me from doing the same. But my handy-dandy lap-top at least provides me with the diversion of web sudoku, email, and this here blog.

No big news on the kid-front...Brandon continues to enjoy his new celeb-status at school, saying "I got popular." And Abby, well she's just happy to have Heelys and a brother who can spell it.

I'm going to go now because I think I just went deaf in my left ear. I was walking right under the alarm-sounder-thingy when mr. security guy tested it. Burglars beware...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually do have a friend who is deaf in her left ear. its quite sad. and you have to make sure to be sit on her good side unless you enjoy hearing the word "what?" or is that a phrase?? see you in < 2 weeks!

Matt & Bree said...

Thanks from reminding me why I stopped reading your blog originally - your total disregard for international readers who are behind on 24.

If you said anything about the rest of your life (I stopped reading after the 1st sentence), please email us - or you can tell us in person next weekend!

CYNTHIA said...

i thought y'all were in the states already!

Anonymous said...

Jack's dad....Well, there was Herod.