Wednesday, January 31, 2007

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

I just clicked on here today bc it's still in my favorites folder and enjoyed reading about myself. And I realized how much fun this page was for me and what a great diversion from real writing it had been. So I'm not promising anything, but you can check back from time to time if you want. Because I might have had something to say that you might find interesting. To get the blog rolling again, let's start with a list. because those are always a crowd-pleaser:

Things That Have Changed Since I Last Blogged:
* I no longer like to mow. But that's ok bc it's winter now.
* Middle school has been good. Except for one mean little bully, B is having the time of his life. He even won the middle school spelling bee and is heading to the county bee on the 13th. tapestried, if that's even a word, will NOT trip him up this year.
* A had a "boyfriend", but she broke up with him bc he made fun of Hannah Montana. the NERVE.
* Cl is the assistant coach of B's basketball team. It's very fun to watch this year bc they're pretty good. And last game Cl got a tech for saying "He pushed him in the back" about a boy on the other team who was trying to play rugby out there. The ref said, "no, he didn't" and Cl said "Yes, he did." TECHNICAL. so that's kind of a fun story.
* We're, along with the other staff couples, speaking at our marriage retreat this weekend. Cl and I have the topic, "Partnering Together in Ministry". bc we're pretty good pahdnuhs.
* For spring break we're all 4 going on the sr. ski trip to winter park, co. both kids are going to ski, so that should be fun to watch. that, along with a mission trip to Mexico, will be our family trips for '07.
* Cl actually got paid for his own writing assignment. The BGCT asked him to write a Super Summer session. He did. And it was very good!
* This morning, it snowed the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen in all my live-long days. They even made a big splat when they hit the ground. oh, and it's very cold and i'm ready for summertime.

ok, well i guess that's it. i'm going to click on my favorites folder again and see what other interesting things I can find before I get to work. Have a splendid day!

8 comments:

PD said...

This is as refrshing as a glass of sweet tea! LOVE IT! PD

Anonymous said...

thanks for giving me back my reason to get up in the morning. KJ

Anonymous said...

How did I ever survive the last 7 months? CG

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! your wit and observations have been missed.
Shawna

thesharester said...

sweet.

Anonymous said...

OK, I am not so easily enticed. Let's see a real effort to keep our attention, I am so easily distracted and uh well why was I typing ah what site is this and and oh oh yes is this a new blog? Are you a new writer? The previous owner of this blog site was dedicated to keeping us informed regularly are you dedicated to the same?

Conference Speaker

Anonymous said...

it's great that you are back. tell clay bobby is right there with him. he got a tech at last weeks sophmore game. as far as junior high for us, i was a lot better 7th grade teacher than i am a mother. it is not fun to teach the alvarez child since her mother has too much prior info. let's just say, i'm relistening to joyce meyers "me and my big mouth".....
ja

Anonymous said...

dont you just see how much the people love you??